With advanced electronics, HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical provides vast omni-directional visibility over other methods of marking and identifying law enforcement personnel such as reflective IR patches.
The compact sleek design includes integrated tie downs and an easy battery change. Sliding switches enhance tactile feel providing positive, intuitive control between the two operating modes and four user-defined functions.
HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical is configured specifically to support evolving law enforcement needs and applications. Field reprogramming is available with the purchase of a Program Interface Module (PIM).
The current featured marker light functions are Green Flash, Red Flash, IR Flash DIM and, IR Steady.
- Green Flash can be used to identify admin personnel or mark a support position, in addition to keeping team members out of restricted areas.
- Red Flash can be used by downed personnel to indicate they are in need of medical attention allowing RFT teams to easily ID them on approach.
- Red/Green Flash can also be used to label different teams in open areas such as woods or parks and provide personnel with valuable real-time TOC intelligence.
- IR Flash DIM is designed to mark elements without giving off the bright signature that can be picked up by others using NODS or security cameras to detect IR.
- IR Steady provides easy team tracking using NODS, sniper NV overwatch or overhead helicopter cameras.
- HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical offers law enforcement a unique personnel marker light that can be utilized during training and on the field. It affords users the critical ability to mark and identify team members while increasing overall safety and situational awareness.
Independent testing has confirmed that the HEL-STAR 6® LE Tactical exceeds the FAA’s 3 statute mile visibility requirement and is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof, and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
NTOA member tested and recommended.